Giving Back to The Horse
The 'Giving Back to the Horse' intensive is held around Thanksgiving and is all about giving back energy and care to your horse or horses.
When: November 8th, 2019 9:30 to 4:30
When we work with, lease, or own horses, it becomes our job to advocate for them and what they are saying. This intensive was created after seeing so many folks who have struggled for years with their horse only to learn their saddle is causing discomfort, or their hooves are hurting, or their back has been out, or their tummies hurt. This intensive is a day to dive into all the essentials of horse care and how our choices effect the horse.
We will learn about:
- horse’s hooves and signs that their hooves hurt
- saddles and fitting them, types of back support via saddle pads
- bits, bridles, neck ropes, which ones do we use and how they work
- horse lifestyle management, stalls, runs, pasture, water, feeding
- body work, when to use which style and what is best for our horse
- vet care, knowing when a vet is needed
- human influenced horse health, when our health effects the horse
You don’t need to own a horse to come or you can own an entire herd and learn more about what we can do to help their well being. This intensive will help you put the pieces of a puzzle together about the health of your horse mentally, emotionally and physically and so they can give you their best and content self.
$125 a person and a catered lunch is included.